A simple silhouette meets a royal fabric to create a go-anywhere coat that will make you feel empowered. Made from white and gold hand woven kente cloth, this edge to edge coat fastens with a hidden hook, and features a mandarin collar and an attached belt at the back. In Ghana, the kente cloth with zigzag “ribs” is traditionally gifted to to a bride by her husband on their wedding day. It symbolizes that he will love and support her, just as his ribs support his vital organs. We preferred to give it a more feminist twist, creating a coat to buy for yourself as a symbol of your own strength. Wear with jeans, or throw it over a sleek pencil dress for day.
- Limited edition
- 100% premium organic quality cotton
- Tailor made to fit your measurements
- Perfectly imperfect. As with any handmade piece, you may notice small differences that are signature of our tailors’ craftsmanship
- Ethically produced by our artisans in Ghana. Learn about our ethos.
- Expect to ship in four weeks
- What's kente? Discover now!
- Belt at the back
- Slightly high neck
- Hook fastening
Fabric & Care
- 100% Premium Quality Cotton
- Hand wash with lukewarm water
- Wash inside out
- Hang or gentle tumble dry
- Iron inside out (on reverse)
- Maximum temperature for ironing is 110°C
Questions about this creation? Email email@example.com