To celebrate Leila Janah’s life and work, we created this dress in her memory.
You can read the full story here.
Light up your nights with this dramatic maxi dress, with its glowing sun rays and symbolic golden hands. In a genuine African Wax Print, this sophisticated gown features a double-breasted bodice and a deep front slit for ease of movement. We named this dress in honor of the social entrepreneur Leila Janah, who dedicated her life’s work to helping people in poverty find dignified employment — a principle that the golden hands in the center of the skirt encapsulate perfectly. With a luxe sheen to the fabric, this statement gown is made for enchanted evenings.
- Limited edition
- 100% premium organic quality cotton
- Tailor made to fit your measurements
- Perfectly imperfect. As with any handmade piece, you may notice small differences that are signature of our tailors’ craftsmanship
- Ethically produced by our artisans in Ghana. Learn about our ethos.
- Expect to ship in four weeks
- Who is Leila Janah? Discover now!
- What is this the Full Hands fabric saying? Discover now!
- You can learn more about the Sheroes Collection here
- V-neck with lapels
- Slit at the front
- Long puffed sleeves
- Statement buttons at the waist
Fabric & Care
- 100% Premium Quality Cotton 120 gr/m²
- Guaranteed Vlisco Real Dutch Wax Block Print
- Hand wash with lukewarm water
- Wash inside out
- Hang or gentle tumble dry
- Iron inside out (on reverse)
- Maximum temperature for ironing is 110°C
Personal Styling Service
Questions about this creation? Welcome to the Maakola atelier — where we tailor our pieces to make them uniquely yours. We’re here to help you pick out an outfit for a special occasion, or to discuss any design tweaks you might have in mind. Whatever your styling dilemma, contact us here or at email@example.com one of our experts will be in touch.