A celebration of femininity, the Parrot Dress was first produced in a dramatic bird print — a motif often used in wax print to represent women. But it has proved so popular that we have introduced it in several other prints too. With a fitted bodice and back zip fastening, the maxi dress suggests both strength and elegance, balancing its demure long sleeves with a deep v neckline and cut-outs at the waist to show a hint of skin. Named after the warrior queen Yaa Asantewaa, who led the rebellion against the British in 1900, this long dress makes a bold statement with heels for evening, but you’ll find it so comfortable that you can pair it with flats too.
- Limited edition
- 100% premium organic quality cotton
- Tailor made to fit your measurements
- Perfectly imperfect. As with any handmade piece, you may notice small differences that are signature of our tailors’ craftsmanship
- Ethically produced by our artisans in Ghana. Learn about our ethos.
- Expect to ship in four weeks
- Who is Yaa Asantewaa? Discover now!
- You can learn more about the Sheroes Collection here
- Deep V-shaped neckline
- Long sleeves
- Cutouts on sides
- Concealed zip fastening
- Fitted bodice
- High waisted flowing skirt
Fabric & Care
- 100% Premium Quality Cotton 120 gr/m²
- Guaranteed Vlisco Real Dutch Wax Block Print
- Hand wash with lukewarm water
- Wash inside out
- Hang or gentle tumble dry
- Iron inside out (on reverse)
- Maximum temperature for ironing is 110°C
Personal Styling Service
Questions about this creation? Welcome to the Maakola atelier — where we tailor our pieces to make them uniquely yours. We’re here to help you pick out an outfit for a special occasion, or to discuss any design tweaks you might have in mind. Whatever your styling dilemma, contact us here or at firstname.lastname@example.org one of our experts will be in touch.